Monday, December 17, 2007

Brazil 2009

At the request of Jane.

So I have decided to do an ironman. Last season was my first triathlon season and I did all lengths except an ironman. I was planning on trying to go to the Olympics in 2012 but with the changes that the USAT made I don't think that I will be able to get into pro racing in enough time to qualify. So in its place I have to decided to do an ironman. For those that don't know an ironman is 2.4mile swim, 112 mile bike 26.2 mile run. It is mentally and physically draining. I look forward to doing this just because I want to test myself mentally mostly to prepare me for my new job that I want to undertake. Most people know that I want to be a doctor, which has changed because I would be bored. I really just want the knowledge that a Doc has. My new job is a Combat Rescue Officer, they are an elite special force of the United States Air Force. They training is some of the toughest in the military. So by doing an ironman it will prepare me for some of the rigors of that training. So Joe one of my UH team members wanted to do an ironman and picked Brazil. I think Brazil is a great choice. Mostly because you get to treat it as a vacation! So I will start training really long distance in August. It would be nice to qualify for Kona at the same time but we will see how that works out. So if you want to do an ironman in a year and half then let me know and we will all sign up for Brazil. So to all that are training happy training.

No comments: