Monday, July 16, 2007

Plan X

So when it comes to racing you always have a primary plan and a secondary plan. Well today I had to fall back to plan X. Plan X is everything you have to finish. Saturday I was feeling great I went out for a nice run and then came back and did a little stretch out swim. I took a shower finished getting ready for tommorow. Then stretched and went to bed. I slept well enough got up after a few hits of the snooze.
I set it that way because when I have to get up at work it is a have to get out of bed situation so I like to relax in bed for a little bit when I am not at work.
I got up ate breakfast and was feeling really good, aired up the tires and loaded the bike and off I went. I set up transition I was one of the first so I got a good spot. I went and warmed up and felt like the king of the world.
So the race starts, and I wait and wait for nearly 30 min unit it is my wave. So I start on dry land and have a good swim. I make the .25 mile run to transition. Find all of my stuff on the ground since I was in the next to last wave everybody is gone. The bike start off really hard and never got any easier. I couldn't understand why I was working so hard. Then I saw that the rear brake was rubbing on the tire. So I stopped and fixed that. The damage had been done. I started to get dizzy a little after that. I finished the bike and had a quick transition. (The new trivent shoes are awesome.) So hoping that the dizzyness had subsided I took off to be at my 6:30 pace. After a quater mile I knew that one wasn't going to happen so I backed off a little bit. Still I was getting dizzier. The whole world was spinning. So I would run as long as I could and then I would have to walk otherwise my stomach would be laying on the ground. So coming through the finish was interesting but I finished and sometimes that is all that you can do. Not every race can finish strong. So hopefully the next race wil be better

No comments: